Style Points: Sleek Bun

Hello ladies! I feel like its been forever since I have shown my face. I have been super sick with a bad cold. The whole house was sick, so the past week and a half has been a whirlwind! My poor husband was so pitiful. Let me tell ya, being sick at the same time when you are married is the pits. We were comrades of fellow suffering lol.

So of course, my hair was last priority. I wore a bun for 7 days. On Sunday I added some gel and slicked it back. Last night though, I finally washed it! I moisturized it and... bunned it!


Buns a great way to protect and stretch your hair. Do you like this look? I wore my hair this way Sunday night, and my Pastor said he had to do a double take when I walked in. He came up to me and said he's not into complementing ladies hair, but he really likes my hair this way. 

More inspiration to do less work on my hair?? Hmm..

The only product in my hair is giovanni direct leave in and grapeseed oil (with a few drops of rosemary essential oil). I did not use any gel, or mousse. 

Last night I just used my tangle teezer to brush my hair back into a bun, once it was fully detangled and moisturized, secured with a large scrunchie, wrapped my hair around the scrunchie and secured with an elastic band. Then I covered the top of my hair with a silk scarf, threw on a silk bonnet and called it a night!

This morning I just took of the scarf, added a chopstick and went to work. No smoothing, or brushing necessary! This is a simple and easy look to wear. Its low manipulation, protects your hair, and its cute. 

What do you think about sleek hair? Have you worn a similar style?