Style Points: Simple Flat Twist Out Bun

Hello there! As you know, I am a busy bee so when it comes to hair styles, I have to keep it short and sweet. So let me show you how I achieved this simple style using flat twists! For the best results, you will want to start on stretched hair. My hair was stretched with a bun.

 The night before:
  • Split your hair into 6 sections. 4 large sections in the back and two small sections in the front
  • Start with the first section:
    • Moisturize - I spritzed with water and sealed with grape seed oil (I had already moisturized with my leave in that morning) 
    • Flat twist and pin curl - secure pin curls with a bobby pin
  • Repeat steps on each section
  • Tie up your hair and go to bed
The next morning:

Remove the bobby pins
Take out the flat twists and gently separate your hair


Leave out a small section of the flat twist out in the front if you would like. Pull the rest back into a large bun. I use a scrunchie on my buns now so my hair isn't being pulled that tight. For this bun in particular, I just wrapped my hair around and secured with bobby pins. Because the hair is so stretched, it gives a blow dried look to the style.



Decide if you want a bang hanging, swept back or pulled into the bun. Whatever you like best. I added a headband for some flavor.



 And this is the completed look from the front!


Prep time: 15 minutes

Style time: 5-7 minutes

I would say that is a quick and easy style!

How would you modify this style? Do you ever stretch your hair with flat twists?